Monday, September 22, 2008
Transfer to Keiyo Line at Tokyo
JR Keiyo Line conects Tokyo and Maihama, where very popular Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea are located. The thing is that the track location of this line at Tokyo Station is very remote from the other lines. It's at least a 10 minutes' walk to get to the platform. I'd show the way to reach there from the Narita Express (Sobu Rapid) track by using maps and photos.
JR Tokyo Station map
Aerial map and the distance
The path we are going from now.
The Narita Express from NRT arrives on Sobu Rapid track #1.
Go up to B4 via escalator.
Change to another one to B1.
Walk toward the escalators to the ground level (1F).
Go up to the ground level.
Walk down the Central Hallway by following the signpost toward the Keiyo Line.
Chuo Line train
Yamanote Line train
Keihin Tohoku Line train
Tokaido Line train
Transfer from each line.
This is the Shinkansen entrance area. Turn on the right to get to the Keiyo Line platform. It's 520m from here onwards, and you may have walked a few hundred meters so far and spent approx. 10 minutes.
Go downstairs by escalator.
Then take the three travelators (moving walkways).
Go downstairs by escalator again.
At last you're on the Keiyo Line's premises, though there are another two escalators to go...
The scenery after getting off one of the two remaining escalators.
You made it!
Also refer to the following page to see the overall structure of this station.
Transfer from the Sobu Line rapid track to each JR Line track.
- Transfer guide from Keisei to JR Sobu Lines at Fun...
- Transfer from Keisei Line to JR Lines at Nippori S...
- Bus connections between Hakone-Yumoto and Gotemba
- Train connections between Narita Airport and Weste...
- Kawaguchiko - Kofu Bus Timetable
- Mishima - Gotemba - Kawaguchiko bus timetable
- Transfer to Keiyo Line at Tokyo
- Seishun 18 Kippu (Youth 18 ticket), and Railway Da...
- Limousine Bus actual duration track records
- Transfer from Sobu Line to the other JR Lines at T...
- Getting around Tokyo
- JR East Pass Special for 10,000 yen
- Info on Nankai Line to Osaka Namba (Minami) from K...
- Limousine bus from Kansai Airport
- Japan Railpass validation procedures at Kansai Air...
- Navigation upon arrival at Osaka Kansai Airport (K...
- Limousine Bus durations from Narita Airport to Cen...
- Moonlight Nagara to be discontinued
- ▼ September (18)