Monday, September 22, 2008
Seishun 18 Kippu (Youth 18 ticket), and Railway Day Memorial ticket
Seishun 18 Kippu has become so popular that I may not need to show the details of this ticket.
1) Sales and travel periods:
Sales period; From 20th February to 31st March, 2010
Travel period; From 1st March to 10th April, 2010
Sales period; From 1st July to 31st August, 2010
Travel period; From 20th July to 10th September, 2010
2010 to 2011 winter:
Sales period; From 1st December to 31st December, 2010
Travel period; From 10th December 2010 to 10th January 2011
2) Price: 11,500yen
3) Validity: Any five days of your choices, regardless of whether they are consecutive or not during the each usage period
4) Sold at: Major JR stations and travel agencies throughout Japan
5) Validity details:
a. Seishun 18 is sold as a 5-day pass.
b. Each day, its holder is entitled to enjoy one-day *1 unlimited travel on all JR lines *2 (non-reserved seat *3 on ordinary cars. Local and rapid trains only *4) which network covers whole Japan. The holder can also use the Aoimori line on the condition that he/she travels between the designated segments as follows; Hachinohe and Aomori, Hachinohe and Noheji, Noheji and Aomori.
c. Seishun 18's flexibility allows its holder to optimize its 5 days in many ways such as:
i. ) a day trip by the holder on any 5 days during its valid period.
ii. ) a consecutive 5-day trip by the holder.
iii. ) a day trip for a group of 5. (All members of the group must travel on the same train at the same time. Five people traveling on one day is the same as one person traveling for five days.)
*1 "one-day" means between 0:00 (am) and 23:59 of one calendar day.
Exception 1: If the ticket holder is on a midnight - train and it becomes midnight while on board, he / she is permitted to remain on board until the train stops at the first station the following day.
Exception 2: In the Tokyo urban area and Osaka urban area, the definition of "one day" is extended until the completion of area's last train operation.
*2 "all JR lines" means all the railway lines in the area of JR Hokkaido, JR East, JR Central, JR West, JR Shikoku, JR Kyushu, and Miyajima Route (Ferry operated by JR West).
*3 Reserved seat on ordinary cars of local and rapid trains can be used if necessary. In this case, the ticket holder needs to make a reservation and pay required surcharges.
*4 The ticket is invalid for Shinkansen, Limited Express, Express, Green car (1st class), sleeping car and JR buses.
* Kikonai and Kanita (Tsugaru-Kaikyo Line)
* Shintoku and Shin-yuubari (Sekisho Line)
* The use of Limited Express with the ticket is strictly limited to above 2 sections (non-reserved seat on ordinary cars only), which means the user of Limited Express with the ticket is not permitted to board other sections on the same Limited Express train.
JR East official site
----- ----- ----- ----- -----
--Tetsudo-no-hi Kinen Kippu, or the Railway Day Memorial ticket--
The regulations are all the same as the Seishun 18 Kippu.
1) Sales period: 1 October, 2010 to 17 October, 2010
Travel period: 2 October, 2010 to 17 October, 2010
2) Price: 9,180 yen
It has three-day portions. It doesn't matter whether it's used consecutively or not.
For further details, refer to the 18 Kippu's ones above.
JR Central's official site in Japanese
- Transfer guide from Keisei to JR Sobu Lines at Fun...
- Transfer from Keisei Line to JR Lines at Nippori S...
- Bus connections between Hakone-Yumoto and Gotemba
- Train connections between Narita Airport and Weste...
- Kawaguchiko - Kofu Bus Timetable
- Mishima - Gotemba - Kawaguchiko bus timetable
- Transfer to Keiyo Line at Tokyo
- Seishun 18 Kippu (Youth 18 ticket), and Railway Da...
- Limousine Bus actual duration track records
- Transfer from Sobu Line to the other JR Lines at T...
- Getting around Tokyo
- JR East Pass Special for 10,000 yen
- Info on Nankai Line to Osaka Namba (Minami) from K...
- Limousine bus from Kansai Airport
- Japan Railpass validation procedures at Kansai Air...
- Navigation upon arrival at Osaka Kansai Airport (K...
- Limousine Bus durations from Narita Airport to Cen...
- Moonlight Nagara to be discontinued
- ▼ September (18)