I'd show a one day stroll course in Tokyo, which will keep you busy for a day:
How about taking the Sumida River boat bus from Asakusa to Odaiba?
First you might go to Kappabashi near Tawaramachi Station on the Metro Ginza Line. You'll enjoy viewing various kinds of professional cooking related items such as utensils, lanterns as a signpost, plastic food model to be presented in the show case in front of reataurants.
How plastic food models are used in Japan
Then proceed to Asakusa, visit the Sensoji Temple, and board the river boat to Odaiba.
There are various shopping complexes, ferris wheel etc. The night view from the observation platform is beautiful. There is a small 'Statue of Libety'.
Real Statue of Liberty in NYC
Then return to Shimbashi on Yurikamome, unmanned train and onto Kanda. If possible, take the exact front seat where a driver is supposed to be stationed on Yurikamome.
View from the front seat
Other than these spots, I'd recommend:
-People watching from the Starbucks on the 2nd floor in the Tsutaya Building in Shibuya. The multi-direction crossing at the Hachiko Intersection is amazing in terms of the number of people especially on weekends.
-Enoden ride between kamakura and Fujisawa. It usually consists only of two carriages, and runs along the seashore line. Very atmospheric. As you plan to go to Kamakura as a day trip, this would be a good option.
-Watching tuna auction in Tsukiji Wholesale Market, it's open to public from 5 to quarter past 6 am.
Photos I took in Tsukiji Market
-Night view from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buidling observatory, free admission
-Viewing the Tokyo Metropolitan Building from below.
-The street on the image below is really colorful at night. It's located near the south exit of JR Shinjuku Station.
-If you're into photograhy, capturing the Tokyo Tower from the foot of it at night is inriguing. There is nothing to disturb you.
-Ginza is still developing.
- The National Art Center, Tokyo
National Art Center official website
--- --- ---
Metropolis, Tokyo entertainment info
- Transfer guide from Keisei to JR Sobu Lines at Fun...
- Transfer from Keisei Line to JR Lines at Nippori S...
- Bus connections between Hakone-Yumoto and Gotemba
- Train connections between Narita Airport and Weste...
- Kawaguchiko - Kofu Bus Timetable
- Mishima - Gotemba - Kawaguchiko bus timetable
- Transfer to Keiyo Line at Tokyo
- Seishun 18 Kippu (Youth 18 ticket), and Railway Da...
- Limousine Bus actual duration track records
- Transfer from Sobu Line to the other JR Lines at T...
- Getting around Tokyo
- JR East Pass Special for 10,000 yen
- Info on Nankai Line to Osaka Namba (Minami) from K...
- Limousine bus from Kansai Airport
- Japan Railpass validation procedures at Kansai Air...
- Navigation upon arrival at Osaka Kansai Airport (K...
- Limousine Bus durations from Narita Airport to Cen...
- Moonlight Nagara to be discontinued
- ▼ September (18)