Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Moonlight Nagara to be discontinued
According to Asahi Newspaper's article, the overnight rapid Moonlight Nagara running between Tokyo and Ogaki (Gifu Pref.) is very likely to be discontinued at the end of this fiscal year. The train's operators, JR East and JR Central have been kicking around the matter, and the train's service is geared toward discontinuation.
This train is very popular among young generations trying to travel from Tokyo, Yokohama to Western Japan as cheaply as possible during the Seishun 18 Kippu travel periods. However because of the rise of the Shinkansen (Bullet Train), airlines and affordable overnight tour buses, this train is destined to go out of service.
The seasonal Nagara will continue running in summer and New Year's holidays.
- Transfer guide from Keisei to JR Sobu Lines at Fun...
- Transfer from Keisei Line to JR Lines at Nippori S...
- Bus connections between Hakone-Yumoto and Gotemba
- Train connections between Narita Airport and Weste...
- Kawaguchiko - Kofu Bus Timetable
- Mishima - Gotemba - Kawaguchiko bus timetable
- Transfer to Keiyo Line at Tokyo
- Seishun 18 Kippu (Youth 18 ticket), and Railway Da...
- Limousine Bus actual duration track records
- Transfer from Sobu Line to the other JR Lines at T...
- Getting around Tokyo
- JR East Pass Special for 10,000 yen
- Info on Nankai Line to Osaka Namba (Minami) from K...
- Limousine bus from Kansai Airport
- Japan Railpass validation procedures at Kansai Air...
- Navigation upon arrival at Osaka Kansai Airport (K...
- Limousine Bus durations from Narita Airport to Cen...
- Moonlight Nagara to be discontinued
- ▼ September (18)