Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Navigation from the Narita Express platform to the West Exit ( and others) at Shinjuku Station
Since the last schedule revision Narita Express has come to operate on track #5 and 6, which are rather isolated location-wise, and it will take 15 to 20 minutes from the platform to the west exit on foot (500 meters). From the west exit you can access Keio Plaza Hotel, Hyatt Regency Tokyo and Hilton Tokyo. The platform is near Yoyogi Station rather than Shinjuku itself. I wonder if it should be called a part of Shinjuku Station...
Shinjuku Station map:
Now heading from track #5 and 6 to West ticket gate.
The path to the west exit
It's 500 meters' walk from the forward end of track #5 and 6 to the west exit.
Link to larger map
View of track # 5 and 6 from Yoyogi side
The Yamanote and Chuo Line tracks, #7 to #16 are located beyond the lights and the buildings ahead.
--- --- ---
If you head to the New South or the Southern Terrace Exit, go up this escalator.
--- --- --- --- ---
After alighting from the Narita Express, go down by escalator located at the forward end of the track.
Walk down this underground walkway.
--- --- ---
If you get out of the station premises from the South Exit, use this elevator.
--- --- ---
After clearing the narrow walkway, go diagonally forward right following the signpost.
And straight on.
Then at the next corner turn to the left and go straight.
Finally you made it.
If you are discouraged to do this walk to see these images, you might alight from Narita Express at Tokyo and change to the Chuo Line to Shinjuku. It involves much less walk, and nearly all the Chuo Line trains launch at Tokyo Station so that you can secure a seat to Shinjuku. Try to board the front carriages such as car #10 or 9 in order to quickly access the downward stairs at Shinjuku. Then it's a fifty-meter walk to the west exit.
Transfer at Tokyo Station
Shinjuku Station is often packed as the following images.
- Trip to Yufuin, Oita
- Directions to Shibuya Excel Hotel Tokyu from Shibu...
- Directions to Shibuya Tokyu Inn
- Puratto Kodama, a discount Shinkansen ticket
- Access to Oakwood Shinjuku from Shinjuku Station
- Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen fare table on Hikari and ...
- Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Hikari and connecting Kod...
- Tokaido-Sanyo Shinkansen Hikari (and a part of Kod...
- Airline meals (1)
- Helpful links
- Getting around Hiroshima and Miyajima in a day
- One day trip to Hakone from Tokyo
- Navigation from JR Shinjuku Station to Shinjuku Ke...
- Navigation from the Narita Express platform to the...
- The way to Hokkaido from Tokyo ( also from Osaka a...
- The way to Hokkaido from Tokyo part 1
- ▼ August (16)