Thursday, December 11, 2008
Osechi-Ryori is traditional Japanese New Year's food most locals enjoy at home. At department stores and super markets the materials and ready made sets are sold nationwide in the end of December.
Those travelling to Japan might visit a nearby department store to browse the stuff sold or purchase it to experience the traditional local annual custom. It should be eaten on New Year's Day.
Pictured in Shinjuku Isetan.
P.S. Other food items which look yummy:
- Hieizan Enryakuji Temple
- Skylines in New York City
- Index on items regarding other countries than Japa...
- The way from Narita Airport to Maihama, Tokyo Disn...
- Shinkansen trip from Qingdao to Shanghai, China
- Basic train schedule search on Hyperdia
- How to deal with Hyperdia
- Getting around Kyoto
- ▼ December (9)